Chalk of the Town is back in 2013! Get ready for a day of vibrant art and fun in the streets of Old Town!
Come down during Be a Tourist in Your Own Town for Old Town’s own, Chalk of the Town! Roam the streets of Old Town and experience true art in the streets. Beginning at 9 a.m., artists will take to the streets creating masterpieces on their assigned piece of sidewalk, using only chalk. The creations will be completed by 2 p.m. when the judging will commence. Visitors to this event will be allowed to vote for the People’s Choice winner all day and winners will be announced at 3 p.m. Families are also welcome to participate in the kid’s sidewalk art area.
Chalk artist registration ends Friday, May 24th at midnight. For more information and to register to be an artist call the OTCA office at 517.485.4283 or email Karen, email@example.com.
For businesses looking to promote Chalk of the Town, see the list of tips below.
• Request a chalk participant to chalk-it-up outside your storefront
• Create unique specials themed around fun and colorful chalk!
• Post your specials somewhere visible to both your customers and your employees
• Hang a Chalk of the Town poster near your business entrance
• Distribute and/or display Chalk of the Town postcards
• Request a ballot voting box to be placed at your business
• Prior to the day of the event, create your own logo art with chalk outside your storefront
• Promote your Chalk of the Town special on your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts
• Tag Chalk of the Town in all of your Facebook posts
• Follow Chalk of the Town on Twitter (twitter.com/chalkofthetown) and tag Chalk of the Town using hashtag #chalkofthetown so we can retweet your specials
• Promote your specials in advance to gain momentum and build excitement