There are always volunteer opportunities in Old Town - from festivals and events to gardening to helping run things behind the scenes. And we need your help! No matter your skill level, we’d love to have you be part of our community. Here are just some of the volunteer opportunities available (if interested in something else, just let us know):
Festivals and events - from selling admission tickets to pouring drinks to greeting our guests, we have something for everyone.
Gardening and beautification - help us keep Old Town looking great with our annual cleanup; hanging holiday decorations and much more.
The Design Committee supports a community's transformation by enhancing the physical and visual assets that set the commercial district apart.
The Design Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 6PM.
- Public space improvements
- Develop design guidelines for the district
- Enhance preservation ethic
- Tactical urbanism and placemaking initiatives
The Economic Vitality Committee focuses on capital, incentives, and other economic and financial tools to assist new and existing businesses, catalyze property development, and create a supportive environment for entrepreneurs and innovators that drive local economies.
The EV Committee will begin meeting in early 2024!
- Business recruitment
- Building partnerships
- Supporting business retentions, expansions and transitions
- Keeping inventory of Old Town buildings and businesses
The Promotions Committee positions the downtown or commercial district as the center of the community and hub of economic activity, while creating a positive image that showcases a community’s unique characteristics.
The Promotions Committee meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 6PM.
- Event and festival planning
- Asset mapping
- Helping identify strategies for marketing and advertising
- Maintaining the OTCA website
The Organization Committee helps create and maintain a strong foundation for a sustainable revitalization effort, including cultivating partnerships, community involvement and resources for the district.
The Organization Committee will begin meeting in early 2024!
- Volunteer management
- Fund development and fundraising strategies
- Creating internal operating procedures
- Managing OTCA memberships
Contact Tia Barrera for more info